Arnold J. Sindler, DDS (Retired)
A native of Baltimore, Dr. Arnold J. Sindler has been practicing in the state of Maryland since 1978. He graduated with multiple honors from the University of Maryland School of Dentistry in 1976, and in 1978 completed training in Periodontics from the same university.
Dr. Sindler has developed expertise in traditional periodontal care, pre-prosthetic surgery and cosmetic rehabilitation. Early in his career, Dr. Sindler recognized the need for more comprehensive treatment of advanced periodontal disease, focusing his interests on reconstruction of the periodontal tissues and on rehabilitation through the use of dental implants.
The inclusion of microsurgery as a treatment modality has resulted in even better outcomes and less discomfort for the patients.
Dr. Sindler holds a position as a clinical instructor and is Director of Periodontal and Implant Microsurgery in the Post-Doctoral division of the University of Maryland Dental School, his alma mater, and teaches all aspects of clinical periodontics to the residents.
Teaching is an integral part of learning. This association enables his practice to immediately benefit from new discoveries in periodontal research.
Dr. Sindler’s Academic Background
- Certificate in Periodontics — University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Surgery — University of Maryland School of Dentistry
- Bachelor of Engineering Science — Johns Hopkins University
- Director of Periodontal and Implant Microsurgery — University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics
- Past Director — Academy of Microscope Enhanced Dentistry
- Co-Founder — Gerald M Bowers Study Club in Periodontology
- Assistant Clinical Professor — University of Maryland School of Dentistry, Department of Periodontics
- Member — American Academy of Periodontology
- Member — American Dental Association
- Member — Maryland State Dental Association
- Member — Carroll County Dental Association
- Named a Top Dentist — Baltimore Magazine
- Named as one of America’s Top Dentists — Consumer Research Council of America