Dr. Justin Kleinman
Periodontist in Westminster, MD
Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
After moving back to Baltimore in 2003, Dr. Kleinman began practicing periodontics in a large group practice setting. Although he enjoyed working in larger practices, Dr. Kleinman wanted to provide optimal periodontal services in a smaller, more individualized setting focusing on patient-oriented care. In January of 2016, Dr. Kleinman purchased his current practice from Dr. Arnold Sindler. As one of his former students, Dr. Sindler had entrusted Dr. Kleinman with his 37-year established and respected periodontal practice. Dr. Kleinman continues to provide the same expertise and care as Dr. Sindler had been providing, while at the same time utilizing new technology along with established and successful methodologies for his patients.
Dr. Kleinman practices the full scope of periodontics. His expertise range from non-surgical periodontal therapies to surgical treatment of all periodontal conditions, as well as reconstructive procedures for dental implant placement.
Dr. Kleinman received his dental degree from The University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 1999 and his certificate in Periodontics from the University of Maryland in 2002. At the University of Maryland, Dr. Kleinman conducted advanced research in the area of ultrasonic and piezoelectric scalers. Dr. Kleinman received his Board Certification in 2006 from the American Board of Periodontology. Dr. Kleinman has published articles in the Journal of Endodontics and Clinical Advances in Periodontics (the online edition of the Journal of Periodontology), and Cutis (a dermatology journal), Dental traumatology, and General Dentistry.
With over 15 years experience, Dr. Kleinman offers the highest quality and the most comprehensive periodontal and dental implant care in the Westminster area.Call Today Appointments
Dr. Kleinman shows a never-ending desire to provide the best care possible to his patients. He attends many continuing education courses to incorporate the newest and best technology for his practice. Some of the new technologies are:
- He is certified in the Chao Pinhole Technique for treating recession – a laparoscopic method for gum grafting that requires no sutures or cutting and does not use the patient’s own tissue for correcting recession. This makes root coverage procedures pain-free!
- He is also trained in the LANAP and LAPIP techniques – the no cut, no sew, no pain LASER treatment for periodontal regeneration utilizing the Millennium PerioLase® MVP-7™ Nd:YAG laser for gum disease treatment.
- He uses digital x-rays to reduce the amount of radiation exposed to the patient and has the best rated cone beam CT scanner – the VaTech Pax-i3D Green CT for reduced radiation and 3-D imaging.
- He also recently adopted the Versah Densah drilling system for dental implant placement to increase bone volume and density during implant placement and possibly eliminate the need for additional bone grafting which can reduce treatment costs to the patient.
Dr. Kleinman has been active in the local dental community, volunteering his time as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Maryland School of Dentistry since 2005. He enjoys teaching the third and fourth-year dental students periodontics in the undergraduate clinics.
He is also a founding member of the Progressive Dentists Study Club and is also a member of the Spear, Owings Mills, and Carroll County Study Clubs. He has maintained his Active membership status with the American Academy of Periodontology since 2002 and is an active member of the Maryland State Dental Association and the American Dental Association. He continuously lectures on advanced periodontal surgical techniques to his dental students, colleagues, and local study clubs.
Dr. Kleinman has also been recognized in Baltimore Magazine as one of Baltimore’s Top Periodontists of 2014, 2016, and 2017 – voted by his peers of dentists in Carroll and Baltimore County.
Dr. Kleinman has two children, Benjamin and Sarah. They enjoy many outdoor activities together including geocaching, exploring Baltimore, and visits to the Farmer’s Market on Sunday mornings.
In his free time, Dr. Kleinman enjoys skiing, hiking, tennis, attending rock concerts, and comic book collecting. He is very active with his son’s Cub Scouts pack as committee chairperson and den leader.
Are you ready to schedule your consultation with Dr. Kleinman?
- Request an Appointment Online
- Prepare for your First Visit
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Get Directions to Our Office
Call Carroll Periodontics & Implant Dentistry Phone Number 410-857-5700 with questions or to schedule your Appointment!